What To Do If Your Application Is Denied

If your application is denied, you will receive a notice telling you why. You have the right to a conference and a fair hearing. To ask for a conference, call your local Department of Social Services. A conference is when you meet with someone other than the person who made the decision about your case. This person will review that decision. If the problem is not settled through a conference, you can ask for a fair hearing. It is recommended that you request a fair hearing at the same time you request the conference because it may take a long time to schedule a fair hearing. The fair hearing can be canceled if the conference satisfactorily resolves the issues. At the fair hearing you will have the opportunity to tell an Administrative Law Judge why you think the decision about your case was wrong. If the judge agrees, he or she can order the Department of Social Services to correct your case.

dvSurvival Kit || dvServices