After You Get An Order Of Protection

Whether your Order is from Family, Criminal or Supreme Court, once the Order is issued, the clerk will give you a Certified Copy of it. This is your official record of the court Order, Most Orders of Protection are in a statewide register and should be enforced whether or not you have it with you. However, it's best to keep the certified copy with you at all times. You should also make copies of the Order to leave at your job or at your children's school or day care center, if the abuser is ordered to stay away from these places or if you have been awarded custody. It's a good idea to make a copy of the Order and any other court documents and keep them in a safe place. If you lose your copy or your partner destroys it, the court can give you another certified copy of your Order of Protection either free or for a small fee.

dvSurvival Kit || dvServices